"He it is Who blesseth you, and His angels (bless you), that He may bring you forth from darkness unto light; and He is ever Merciful to the believers." — Holy Qur'an 33:43
Noor Mowlana Hazar Imam's ta'lim guides the murid to higher spiritual enlightenment & vision.
Sayings of NOOR Mowlana Murtazâ Ali (alayhi salâm) with Cross References from the Holy Qur'an
Ilm Gem No. 26 :: Wednesday, March 23, 2005
Timeless Gems of Noor Mowlana Murtazâ Ali (a.s.) for the Global Jamat
Gem No. 26: Four Great Morals
Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
Ya Ali Madad! The following aya (plural of ayat) of the Holy Qur'an teach us about great morals:
"We gave (in the past) knowledge to David and Solomon: And they both said: "Praise be to God, Who has favoured us above many of his servants who believe!""
(Holy Qur'an (Yusufali) 27:15)
"Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; But turn away from the ignorant."
(Holy Qur'an (Yusufali) 7:199)
"And when they hear vanity they withdraw from it and say: "Unto us our works and unto you your works. Peace be unto you! We desire not the ignorant.""
(Holy Qur'an (Pickthall) 28:55)
In the following saying, NOOR Mowlana Murtaza Ali (a.s.) teaches us four great morals which can save us from harm:
"Hazarath once said to his son Imam Hussain (a.s.): "My son learn four things from me and through them you will learn four more. If you keep them in mind your actions will not bring any harm to you.
- The greatest wealth is the wealth of wisdom and judgment;
- The greatest poverty is the poverty of stupidity and ignorance;
- The worth unsociableness is that of vanity, conceit and self-glorification;
- The best nobility of descent exhibits itself in politeness and in refinement of culture.
The next four things, my son, are:
- Do not make a friend of a fool, because when he will try to do you good he will do harm;
- Do not make a miser your friend, he will run away from you at the time of your dire need;
- Do not make friend of a vicious and wicked person because he will sell you and your friendship at the cheapest cost; and
- Do not make a friend of a liar because like a mirage he will make you visualize very near the things which lie at great distance and will make you see at great distance the things which are near to you."
(Nahjul Balagha: Sermons, letters and saying of Hazrat Ali (Second American edition, 1981), Sayings of Hazrat Ali 38, p. 276-277)
Ya Ali, Ya NOOR Mowlana Shah Karim Al-Hussaini Hazar Imam, grant us, our families, our Jamats, the worldwide Jamat, the Muslim Ummah, and humanity at large, luminous (noorani) and spiritual (ruhani) tayid (help) to advance materially, spiritually and intellectually.
Haizinda — Qayampaya
(Our Present Imam is Living and His NOOR is Eternal)
Peace, light, barakat, tayid, zaheri-noorani and batini-noorani didars,