"And those who believe in Allah and His messengers, they are the loyal, and the martyrs are with their Lord; they have their reward and their light." — Holy Qur'an 57:19
Sayings of NOOR Mowlana Murtazâ Ali (alayhi salâm) with Cross References from the Holy Qur'an
Ilm Gem No. 8 :: Wednesday, December 8, 2004
Timeless Gems of Noor Mowlana Murtazâ Ali (a.s.) for the Global Jamat
Gem No.8: How to supplicate for the faults of the mind?
Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
Ya Ali Madad! Let us read the following ayat on the topic of supplicating for forgiveness for the faults of the mind:
"Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and of the earth, prepared for the righteous,
Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for God loves those who do good;-
And those who, having done something to be ashamed of, or wronged their own souls, earnestly bring God to mind, and ask for forgiveness for their sins,- and who can forgive sins except God?- and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done.
For such the reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath,- an eternal dwelling: How excellent a recompense for those who work (and strive)!"
(Holy Qur'an (Yusufali) 003:133-136)
In order to overcoming the weakness of the mind, one has to ask for forgiveness and perform zikr according to the ayats presented above. Study carefully the following exerpt of the supplication of NOOR Mawlana Murtaza Ali (a.s.) and note how our first Holy Imam taught the murids to supplicate for the faults of the mind:
- "Lord! Forgive my sins which Thou know better than I.
- Lord! If I repeat these sins please let Thy forgiveness cover them again.
- Lord! I have always promised myself to obey Thy commands and have always broken these promises. Forgive this weakness of mine.
- Lord! I have always declared that I shall come near Thee but my mind (has) opposed this, forgive this fault of my mind.
- Lord! Forgive the sins committed by my eyes. Forgive my vicious and sinful utterances, and forgive my inability to resist temptations. (Ameen)"(Nahjul Balagha: Sermons, letters and saying of Hazrat Ali (Second American edition, 1981), Khutba-81, p. 46)
Ya Ali, Ya NOOR Mowlana Shah Karim Al-Hussaini Hazar Imam, grant us, our families, our Jamats, the worldwide Jamat, the Muslim Ummah, and humanity at large, luminous (noorani) and spiritual (ruhani) tayid (help) to advance materially, spiritually and intellectually.
Haizinda — Qayampaya
(Our Present Imam is Living and His NOOR is Eternal)
Peace, light, barakat, tayid, zaheri-noorani and batini-noorani didars,