Imamat Day: A Time to Reflect on Guidance Through Noor-e-Imamat
For Imamat Day 2004, I have chosen the following Quranic Treasures to understand the mechanism of eternal guidance:
- "One of the noble names of the holy Prophet is a "luminous lamp" (sirâjan munirâ, 33:46). This means that those fortunate souls who are annihilated in the Prophet and the Imam as a result of true love, are transformed into light forever, just as cosmic fuel being cast into the sun turns into light. " (Tawil 433, A Thousand Wisdoms)
- "When and where a sâlik becomes extremely close to God, he cannot remain so without being annihilated in His manifestation. However, due to this annihilation the individuality of an ârif does not cease. For instance, the holy Prophet had become "fanâ' fillâh" at the rank of miraj, but nobody knew this secret except the ârifs. Thus, the righteous in paradise, will be annihilated in the Omnipotent Sovereign due to that special closeness and will become kings, because this annihilation is for the sake of favouring the lover and not destroying him!" (Tawil 858, A Thousand Wisdoms)
- "See the blessed words of verse (21:10) "Fihi dhikrukum":
- "In it is exhortation for you";
- "In it is the remembrance of ism-i azam (bol) for you";
- "In it is your own remembrance provided you are successful."
When the Imam of the time grants ism-i azam to one of the murids, it is certainly from the Holy Qur'ân. The purpose of the miraculous bridge of special ibadat (i.e., ibadat of ism-i azam) is that he or she may enter the luminosity (Light) of the Imam and the Qur'ân."
(Tawil 363, A Thousand Wisdoms)
Please reflect on the above tawils and the content in Alwaez Rai Amirali Amlani's card to understand the concept of continual guidance through Noor-e-Imamat. May our beloved Noor Mowlana Hazar Imam grant you eternal guidance through the barakat of ism-i azam and bless you with the inner vision of the truth. Ameen.
May Mowla enrich you with inspired knowledge (ilm-i laduni) through these spiritual and intellectual exercises. Ameen.
Peace, light, barakat, taid and didar,
Sunday, July 11, 2004