Welcoming NOOR Mowlana Hazir Imam (a.s.) to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
(Project Duration: 40-days from May 1 to June 9, 2009)
Ya Ali Madad. The University of Alberta, located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, will confer a Honorary Doctor of Laws degree to His Highness the Aga Khan [Noor Mowlana Shah Karim Al-Hussaini (a.s.)] on June 9, 2009. Today's date is May 1, 2009, therefore this highly anticipated event will take place in 40 days. In order to create a spiritual atmosphere for this event and provide opportunity to each and every murid of the Holy Imam who may be residing in any part of the world to participate in this event, SalmanSpiritual.com is pleased to present to the Global Jamat, a 40-day project titled "Welcoming Noor Mowlana Hazir Imam to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada".
The word "Edmonton" is used as a metaphor for "the real heart or consciousness or the spiritual house of a devoted murid". Therefore, we would like to augment this occasion as well as the upcoming Baitul Khyal Satado to prepare ourselves spiritually by reciting Ayatul Kursi, invoking Angelic Salwat, performing bandagi, and reciting 500 verses of Anant Akhado. The activities are designed to meet the diverse needs of the Global Jamat.
In order to extend a heartfelt and spiritual welcome to our beloved Noor Mowlana Hazir Imam, the following activities are highly encouraged:
- Recitation of Ayatul-Kursi, the most important ayat of the Holy Qur'an. An audio track is accessible through the project execution page, however you are welcome to click here to access the text, and translation and audio of this ayat;
- Recitation of Angelic Salwat. An audio track is accessible through the project execution page, however you are welcome to click here to access other resources for angelic salwat;
- Practice bandagi (meditation) for 40 days. The most ideal place to do this is in Jamat Khana. If it is not possible to go to morning Jamat Khana everyday, then let us try to attend on Mondays and Fridays and wake up at home on other days. If this, too, is not possible then let us try to wake up at home. The goal is to practise bandagi at the prescribed time;
- Read 40 Bandagi Gems which have been prepared for this project and which are accessible through the project execution page; and
- Recite 500 verses of Pir Hasan Kabirdin's Anant Akhado. The text, translation and audio for daily recitations are accessible through the project execution page. Click here for additional resources such as the Gujrati text.
Objectives of this Project
The objectives of this project are to:
- To present three tremendous spiritual gifts, in the form of recitation Ayatul Kursi, Angelic Salwat and 500 verses of Ananat Akhado, to NOOR Mowlana Hazir Imam on the occasion of being recognized as an Imam who has improved the lives of millions of the world's poorest people through the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) and for building a global culture of tolerance;
- To learn about bandagi through bandagi gems and practise bandagi over a period of 40 days; and
- Seek Mowla's Grace for Sunshine in the heart and for the inner vision of the Truth.
The resources and activities are presented on the schedule and postings page. I will not be sending daily postings therefore please bookmark the following page: http://www.salmanspiritual.com/welcome_NMHI/index_00.html. The web-based resources will permit maximum flexibility, however please set aside time to practise bandagi.
Who Should Participate?
This project is open to the global Jamat and could be used as a part of one's personal spiritual search. By participating, you will be honoring our beloved Holy Imam and promoting the cycle of well wishing for Ismaili Muslims, the global Muslim Community (the Ummah) and humanity at large through the direct and indirect barakat of the defined project activities, especially bandagi!
May our beloved NOOR Mowlana Hazir Imam, through the barakat of this project, grant you, your family, your Jamat and the worldwide Jamat luminous (noorani) and spiritual (ruhani) tayid (help) to advance materially, spiritually and intellectually. May Mowla bestow Sunshine in your heart and bless you with the inner vision of the Truth. Ameen.
I welcome your participation, comments and suggestions.
Rakh Mowla je Noor te Yaqeen (Certainly, we trust in Mowla's Light only),
Noorallah Juma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Friday, May 1, 2009
[ SalmanSpiritual | Project Description | Project Execution ]
Article by Dr. Noorallah Juma
Copyright © 2000-2009 All Rights Reserved - SalmanSpiritual.Com